Bulldozer or “track tractors” are very essential equipment in the construction industry as they are powerful crawlers made with blades. Frequently, bulldozers are large and very powerful in pushing large amounts of objects such as soil. However, in case you are planning to buy brand new machinery, it’ll be a wise idea to opt for used bulldozers to save money. Just search online for on sale items or, simply go to a local store to have a look at it.
Now, here are the benefits that you can get in buying used bulldozers :
1. Due to its ground mobility, it can hold through very rough terrain. By the help of wide tracks, it can distribute the load from the bulldozers over large areas, stopping it from sinking into sandy or muddy ground.
2. It has ground holder and torque divider: which can convert the power from the engine to drag, allowing it to utilize its weight to push heavy objects as well as remove things in the ground. For example, a Caterpillar D9 can tow tanks that weight over 70 tons. For that reason, it can clear up shrubbery and any remains of the building.
3. The bulldozer blade pushes things around to make the task easier for the user. Usually, it has 3 kinds:
- Straight blade (S-Blade) – Although it is short and has no lateral curve or side wings, this is the most popular bulldozer rotor blades in terms of pushing rocks and land clearing. It can also be employed for fine grading. However, just be careful in pushing the materials in a longer distance because they can flow out from the ends of the S-blade.
- Universal blade (U-blade) - It has large side wings to hold more materials on a longer distance. It is also slightly curved, tall, and have large spill plates mounted on each end to help keep materials from spilling out when push. This type of rotor blade is perfect for pushing large rocks and small gravel because the side wings can hold the materials in front of the blade.
- Combination lade (S-U blade) - This combines both S and U rotor blades, though it is shorter and not so wide because it has more compact side wings compared to U-rotor blades. This is not just use to brush the shrubbery over or land cleaning, but to tear the comb by the roots. However, this type of blade cannot push as hard as S-blade because it can only at the center blade, instead of mounting to both sides.
With these perk, your work will be simpler if you will be purchasing used bulldozer parts.